Welcome back dancers!
We hope that you all had a good and safe winter break. First of all, we have been approved to continue in-person practices at Dream Dance! We will continue to practice COVID-19 safety regulations during practices like last semester and will also offer virtual options. In-person practices with Zhenya are scheduled to resume on 1/27/21 with one group practicing from 7:30-8:30pm and another group practicing from 8:30-9:30pm.
We will have a virtual club meeting on Wednesday, January 20th at 7:30pm where we will discuss the plan for the spring semester, go over precautions we’re taking against COVID-19, and answer any questions. The Zoom link for this meeting is located at the bottom of this page.
For those of you who already know that you want to participate in-person, please complete the following steps ASAP:
- Fill out the Spring 2021 In-Person Practice Form
- Schedule a COVID test w/in the week before our first practice*
- Fill out the code of conduct and assumption of risk forms (N/A if already completed for Fall 2020)
- Attend a virtual Athletic Trainer meeting (N/A if already completed for Fall 2020)
*You can sign up ahead of time but will have to join remotely until you receive your negative test. If you get a positive test, contact us or Club Sports immediately for next steps. Students can get free testing at the university, non-students can visit the ADHS website to find testing locations near them.
We currently have a maximum of 18 spots available for in-person practice. Individuals will be allowed to sign up for in-person practices until all spots have been filled. Lessons will also be streamed on Zoom and uploaded to our YouTube channel for anyone not able to attend in-person classes.
Updated Safety Regulations for In-Person Practices:
- Maximum 10 people per practice session
- Keep at least 8-feet apart from others
- This means no partner dancing for the time being, we will focus on individual steps, technique, and solo numbers
- Wear masks properly and only remove briefly for water breaks
- Wash hands before and after each session
- No sharing water bottles
- Weekly COVID tests
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing all of you again soon!
If you have any questions/concerns regarding our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us here. Additional COVID-19 resources are listed below.
Medical: (520) 621-9202
CAPS: (520) 621-3334
Tracking symptoms/exposures around UofA
https://covid19.arizona.edu/covid19-testing – UA students/staff
2-1-1 COVID hotline: 1-855-432-7587
AZ COVID hotline: 1-844-542-8201